- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pound (4 cups) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons strained raspberry jam
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, and then jam and vanilla; mix until smooth.
Notes and Comments: This is the cream cheese frosting for the red velvet cupcake recipe below. You don’t need the raspberry jam, but it adds a fruity kick.
Did you recreate this recipe? Send me a picture here. I would love to see your creations!