- 16 cups crisp rice cereal
- 12 cups mini marshmallows
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Assorted colorful cereal and candies for decorating
- Melt 10 tablespoons unsalted butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add 12 cups mini marshmallows; stir until melted, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 16 cups (a 13 1/2-ounce box) crisp rice cereal.
- Cars and bugs are shaped by hand. Work quickly while mixture is soft and sticky: Spoon into greased bowl; cover with plastic wrap so it doesn't harden.
- Butter hands, and make shapes one at a time. Boats, flowers, and hills are cut out after the mixture has hardened.
- Spoon the warm mixture into a greased 9-by-13-inch pan; pat smooth. Let set, uncovered, 30 minutes to an hour, and then cut out.
Notes and Comments: These are basically Rice Krispies treats, but I just call it that. This is a HUGE recipe, so feel free to half it. For a more crunchy cake, add in more treats (about ½ cup will do for a half recipe). For a more sweet cake, add in more marshmallows (about ½ cup will do for a half recipe).
Did you recreate this recipe? Send me a picture here. I would love to see your creations!